Elaine Davies, Founder
My real estate career started over 20 years ago – and I worked successfully, nationally and internationally as a real estate agent and have the awards to prove it. However, I became increasingly uncomfortable with vendors sitting pretty, while us expert agents ran rings around uneducated and unsupported buyers. To even out the playing field, in 2010, I jumped ship and become a buyer’s agent.
Later, I founded New Road Property to change the face of property buying. Yes, New Road Property offers the expected property expertise and sharp negotiation skills but it’s also a safe haven of education, ideas, support, guidance and empowerment for buyers.
I like to think that I work hard and ethically but am also an intuitive and creative thinker who comes up with solutions. I passionately want the processes of buying a property to be smooth, pain free and successful for you.
When it comes to real estate, personally and in business, I’ve pretty much experienced the lot.
Personally I currently am a:
- Investment owner in a strata building
- Buyer’s agent
- Property coach
And I have:
- Been involved in hundreds and hundreds of property negotiations for my clients
- Bought and sold my own home
- Bought and sold my own investment properties
- Bought and sold on my own, with a husband and with a friend
- Been a real estate agent
- Been an auctioneer
- Been a tenant
I’ve bought and sold for myself and for my clients in cold, normal, hot and sizzling markets and each cycle brings its own challenges.
In 1999, 2012 and in 2013 many, many people told me not to buy but I didn’t listen and made a lot of money. In 2012 I was told not to buy a property with a friend as we were bound to fall out – we didn’t. Instead we cleared $100,000 each in one year.
I’ve lived the ups and the downs of life in property and now, my drive is helping you buy the right property for the right price.
This is why…
- I’ve known what it’s like to have money and fun and I’ve known what it’s like to be broke and have one disaster after another.
- I moved from real estate into publishing and for many years, I ran my own media company where, amongst other successes, I had a lucrative two-book deal with a major publishing house and appeared regularly on TV and radio. I was carefree and flying high - red carpets, traveling, friends and shopping. And then, the icing on the cake, I met the “man of my dreams”.
- Fast-forward 4 years and I was heading toward the divorce courts with a toddler in tow, living on the other side of the world from my family with my 40th birthday looming. The stress wiped out my publishing and media work, the marital home was sold and custody and finance battles were fought. Did I feel sorry for myself? You bet I did!
- Ever the pragmatist, I sank every last cent I had into purchasing a cave of an apartment for me and my daughter. I told the Real Estate Agent, who I bought through, that I had a background in real estate and lo and behold, he offered me a job. I dragged myself in there and got on with it.
- During that time, the main things that kept me from imploding were the roof over my head and my belief in self-empowerment.
Today I’m a mum to a wonderful young woman, a house owner, a unit owner, a landlord, a business owner, a writer, a qualified licensed real estate agent and auctioneer. I currently live in my detached house in the Inner West of Sydney with my wonderful daughter, our cat Pizza and am very happy with myself!
Now, I want to share what I’ve learnt.
I’m seeking to change conventional thinking or limiting beliefs around the real estate market and your finances. I want to teach you how to believe in yourself and your dreams, show you that it’s never too early or too late to turn things around and how to better leverage your income & equity to provide cash flow for your lifestyle.
Whether, through buying your next investment property or home, I want to help you build security and happiness – I want to help you to buy your next property!
"Whether through the right investment properties or family home, I want to help you live your property and life dreams. I’m intensely passionate about real estate but I’m even more passionate about helping others get what they want."
Justine Bennett, Marketing Manager
They say the key to a successful business is to surround yourself with people who know more than you and Justine is just that. Her marketing and social media skills keep us in touch with you, making her an invaluable part of the New Road Property team. Add to her expertise, her warmth and sense of humour and she fits right in!
Justine too is passionate about property and helping others make their dreams a reality. She recently sold her apartment in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney to buy a house in the more peaceful Sutherland Shire. She lives there with her beautiful daughter and their dog Geordie and is excited about this exciting new stage of her life.
Jose Rincon Morera - Assistant Buyer’s Agent to the Founder Elaine Davies
I have been wild about property for over a decade and have bought houses, villas and units in many parts of the world like Colombia, SE Asia and here in Sydney.
After travelling to Indonesia, Afghanistan, Singapore, Taiwan and Portugal, where I worked as an exclusive property manager, I returned to Australia and settled in Palm Beach, NSW with my partner and young son, Noah.
With property in my soul, working with Elaine, at New Road Property, was an obvious career progression and I’m super excited to help you find your ideal property for your lifestyle. I’m quick to understand our clients' briefs and act on them and my creativity shines through when I help people understand what they can really do with a property.
Being passionate about high-end customer service and understanding how exciting, yet overwhelming, buying a new property can be - I know, I’ve been there many times under many different circumstances - I enjoy bringing property success to people with strategy and laughter!